The Watch

The Watch is concerned about the increasing pressure towards feudalism in the United States from corporations, social regressives, warmongers, and the media. We also are concerned with future history concerning our current times, as non-truths which are “widely reported” become the basis for completely false narratives.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Democratic Debate and Gay Marriage

I just saw the democratic debate, and Kerry and Edwards were both unable to justify their positions on gay marriage.

Q: "What is your position on gay marriage?"

A: "I'm for equal rights, but not for gay marriage"

Q: "If it has all the same rights and responsibilities, what's the difference?"

A: "I'm for equal rights, but not for gay marriage"

Q: "What if one of your daughters was gay and she wanted to get married?"

A: "I'm for equal rights, but not for gay marriage"

Just once, I would like a real leader.

I understand that they're playing the same game as Bush. By touting equal rights by disclaiming any support of gay marriage, Bush can't really attack them. But he can promote the hate and divert attention from other more pressing issues... Economy (I like the 2.6 million job estimate eff-up), Iraq, Unemployment, the fact that very few 'mericans can actually say that they are better off now than they were four years ago. But, they can blame it all on the gays, which I guess makes it okay in the Compassionate Conservatist's playbook.

A-holes.

-John Locke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home